Scholarship Programs in AustraliaSeptember 3, 2018
How much does it cost to study in UKSeptember 3, 2018
- The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a test to ascertain the merit for posts of college and university level lectureship and for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). This is only conducted for Indian nationals. The purpose of the test is to ensure minimum standards for the candidates in the profession of teaching and research. Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) holds the test on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC)
NET qualified persons = Jobs in public sector
Starting the year 2013 University Grants Commission (UGC) announced that the candidates who have cleared the NET successfully would be eligible for job opportunities in public sector undertakings (PSUs). Also these units can utilise UGC-NET scores for their recruitment process of the posts of executives in their organisations in varied disciplines like R&D, management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
UGC NET qualification procedure
Process for qualification for UGC NET is divided into following steps:.
- Candidate has to obtain minimum qualifying marks
- A Merit list would be prepared for all who have cleared all subjects
- Top 15% candidates would be selected from each subject group
- Finally from the final qualified students, a list of JRF will be prepared
- 24th July 2017 - UGC NET Official Notification will be available
- 1st August 2017 - UGC NET Online Application Process Starting
- 30th August 2017 - UGC NET Online Submission will e