JEE Main Application Form 2017: Engineering Aspirants who are willing to apply for the JEE Main Examination should be acquainted with the JEE Main 2017 Application Procedure as set by the CBSE.
IIT JEE Main 2017 Notification:
- Name of the Examination: JEE Main 2017
- Conducting Authority: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Exam Level: All over the India
- The Mode of the Exam: Paper-l (Online/Offline)
- Total Number of Vacant Seats:30,000
JEE Main 2017 Dates: Below are given the JEE Main Application Dates.
|Name of an events||Dates|
|Online application starting date||First week of December/2016|
|Online application closing date||Second week of January/2017|
|Last date of payment of the application fee||January/2017|
|Any correction in the Application Form||Third week of January/2017|
|Admit card download||Second week of March/2017|
|Pen-Paper based exam||2nd April/2017|
|CBT(Computer based test)||Second week of April/2017|
|Answer Key release date||the Third week of April/2017|
|Announcement of the results||27th April/2017|
|Counselling Starts from||the First week of July|
All the candidates are notified that the IIT JEE Main Application Form 2017 is going to be made accessible from the first week of December/2016 in the official web portal of the JEE Main 2017. The mode for applying for the same will be online. So, the aspirants are required to check the complete application procedure of the JEE Main Application form 2017 as given below.
Important points to remember before applying for the IIT JEE Main Application Form 2017:
- Before applying for the examination, the applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria.
- Only, one application form needs to be submitted by one candidate. More than one application form will not be accepted.
- After filling up all the necessary information, the candidates are requested to check the details filled by them in the application form as no changes would be accepted once the fee payment is over.
- In the case of any assistance or help needed by the candidates, he/she can directly approach to the help centers (as listed in the Information Bulletin) set up by the board.
Prerequisite for the IIT JEE Main 2017 Application form
- The candidate should have the valid email ID, password, and the phone number. The password should be of the 8-13 character, using at least one upper and lower case, a numeric value, and special character.
- Candidates should possess their scanned passport sized photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression.
- The Candidates should carry all their documents of their qualifying examination.
- Candidates should possess a valid password to use in the registration process.
- The photograph must contain the name of the candidate along with the date.
- The Debit/ credit card, e-Challan details should be with the candidates for the payment of the fees.
- The candidates are needed to choose the security question and answer which can be easily remembered by them.
Important Instructions regarding the Scanned images and the password
The important instructions regarding the Scanned images and the Password along with its sizes and format are given below in the table.
|File Format||File Size||Dimension|
|Photograph of the aspirants||JPEG Format||4KB-100KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature of the aspirants||JPEG Format||1KB-30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
|Thumb Impression of the aspirants||JPEG Format||1KB-30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
Application Procedure for the IIT JEE Main 2017 Registration:
The registration for the IIT JEE Main application form 2017 can be completed by following the below-stated procedure.
- Registration: This includes the
- The State of Eligibility
- School Board of the higher secondary/ qualifying examination and the passing year for the same.
- A roll number of the higher secondary/ qualifying examination and a pin number or the security purpose.
Note: The aspirants who are going to appear in the class 12th Examination can enter the roll of class 12th at the time of downloading admit card of JEE Main 2017. Here, the registration process completes and next stage appears.
- Filling the application form and creating the password:
Once the registration process gets completed, the registered applicant will be able to fill up the JEE Main Application form 2017. And now the application form will be further divided into 5-6 main sections such as:
- Examination related details.
- Academic details
- Personal details
- Contact details
- Creation of the password.
The candidates should notify that the information filled by the applicants in each section should be complete and accurate, otherwise the application form will be rejected. After submitting the Application form of JEE Main 2017, the candidates will get an application no. and the password. This application id and password can be used by the applicants for further logins.
- Uploading of the scanned images of signature, photographs, and the relevant documents:The applicants are needed to upload the scanned photographs, signature and thumb impression in the designated format as mentioned in the table above.
- Payment of the Application fee:The applicants are required to pay an application fee for appearing in the JEE Main 2017 Exam after filling the application form for the same. The application fee can be paid by the credit/debit or by paying the cash amount through e-challan in any of these Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara banks. After the Payment of the fee is done and is successful, an acknowledgment slip will be generated for which the candidate need to take the printout and keep it with them for reference.
The JEE Main 2017 application fee is mentioned as under:
JEE Main 2017 Examination fee:
This fee structure is given for the students opting centre in India.
Name of the Paper
|Fees for Offline exam||Fees for the Online exam|
|For the JEE Main Paper I or Paper II||1000 (Boys) ,500 (Girls)||500(Boys) ,500(Girls)||500(Boys) ,250(Girls)||250 (Boys) ,250 (Girls)|
|Both JEE Main Paper I and II||1800 (Boys) ,900 (Girls)||900 (Boys) ,900 (Girls)||1300 (Boys) ,650 (Girls)||
650 (Boys) ,650 (Girls)
This fee structure is given for the students opting center in abroad.
|For the JEE Main Paper I or Paper II||2500(Boys) 1250(Girls)||1250(Boys) 1250(Girls)||2500(Boys) 1250(Girls)||1250(Boys) 1250(Girls)|
|Both JEE Main Paper I and II||3800 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)||1900(Boys) 1900(Girls)||3800(Boys) 1900 (Girls)||1900(Boys) 1900(Girls|
Note: Payment through the Debit/ Credit card will include an extra processing charge as mentioned Below:
- For payment through the Credit Card:20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Through the Debit Card: 0.75% + taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% + taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
Hence, all the candidates who are appearing for the IIT-JEE 2017 Examination are advised to stay tuned to our official website for the latest updates regarding the IIT JEE Mains Exam 2017.