IIT JEE Main 2017 Eligibility: Engineering aspirants who are willing to get admissions in B.Tech/B.Arch (architecture) programs offered by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) regulated by the CBSE have to qualify the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE). This test is considered as one of the most demanding as well as challenging test for getting admission in various engineering colleges/institutions.
The JEE comprises of two parts:
- JEE Mains
- JEE Advanced
Thus, the candidates can get here the complete IIT JEE Mains 2017 News, IIT JEE Mains 2017 Exam Date, eligibility criteria, exam schedule, etc. regarding the commencement of the Joint Entrance Examination for admissions to the IITs, NITs, and CFTIs.
IIT JEE Main 2017 Declaration:
- Name of the Examination: JEE Main 2017
- Conducting Authority: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Exam Level: All over the India
- Exam Mode: Paper-l (Online/Offline)
- Total Number of Vacant Seats:30,000
IIT JEE Main 2017 Board Marks
The candidates are to be notified that from the year 2017, the board marks scored by the candidates in the 12th class exam conducted by their respective boards will not be taken into consideration for the preparation of the JEE Mains Merit List. However, a candidate needs to score at least 75% of the marks in 12th standard or should be in the top 20 percentile in 12th standard board exam. The IIT JEE Main 2017 Eligibility for droppers is also the same as mentioned below.
IIT JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates are required to check the IIT JEE Mains 2017 eligibility criteria before applying for the same. There are certain changes in the eligibility criteria for the IIT JEE Mains 2017 Exam, this year. The eligibility criteria for this examination is as under:
- First of all, no weight would be given to the 12th standard scores secured by the candidate for calculating the All India Ranking for this exam.
- For qualifying the admissions in various institutes in which admissions are given on the basis of the JEE exam, a candidate must secure at least 75% of the marks in 12th standard or the candidate should be in the top 20 percentile in 12th standard board examination conducted by the respective boards.
- For students other than the GEN category i.e. for ST/SC candidates, the minimum qualifying marks in the 12th standard should be 65%.
- The Candidate’s date of birth should be on or after 1st October/1992 for general candidates and 1st October /1987 for SC, ST, and PWD candidates.
- Candidates who have passed 12thor equivalent exam in 2014 are not eligible to apply.
- Only, the aspirants appearing/passed 12thor equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 with PCM are eligible.
- The candidates should have minimum five subjects in 12th/qualifying examination.
- The candidates can attempt for this examination maximum three times
- The candidates who are the three years diploma holders are also eligible to apply.
- Also check IIT JEE Mains 2017 Pattern, Syllabus
IIT JEE Mains 2017 Important Dates
Below, we have provided the information regarding the IIT JEE Main 2017 Exam Dates.
|Name of an events||Dates|
|Online application starting date||First week of December/2016|
|Online application closing date||Second week of January/2017|
|Last date of payment of the application fee||January/2017|
|Any correction in the Application Form||Third week of January/2017|
|Admit card download||Second week of March/2017|
|Pen-Paper based exam(Offline)||2nd April/2017|
|CBT(Computer based test)||Second week of April/2017|
|Answer Key release date||Third or fourth week of April/2017|
|Announcement of the results||27th April/2017|
|Counselling Starts from||the First week of July|
Hence, all the candidates who are appearing for the IIT JEE 2017 Examination are advised to stay tuned to our official website jeemain.nic.in. for the latest updates regarding the IIT JEE Mains Exam 2017.