Thousands of aspirants migrate to various parts of the world each and every year to complete their higher studies. There are certain preset academic standards that need to be met. Good performance in entrance exams to study abroad will help you to win scholarships along with other forms of financial aid.
List of Competitive Exams to Get Admission in Abroad Universities
Some of the most popular exams to study abroad after 12th and after 10th include the following:
- TOEFL – The full name of TOEFL is Test of English as a Foreign Language. This test probably tops the list about sheer the number of students all over the world who wishes to undertake them for demonstrating proficiency in The English language. The widest possible selection of universities and colleges accepting TOEFL scores include UK, US, Australia, Canada and New Zealand. TOEFL is held throughout the year (almost 50 times a year) usually on weekends in over 4500 test centers. 9000 organizations all over the world accept the score.
- IELTS – The IELTS or International English Language Testing System is a mandatory paper after graduation for both Indian as well as other non-native English speakers especially in Commonwealth countries for entering into most reputed universities and colleges overseas. IELTS is conducted jointly by the British Council, IELTS Australia, IDP, Cambridge ESOL, over four times a month. Around 9000 organizations all over the world accept the score of IELTS score. The test has four parameters to judge the English ability of the students. The stages are Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking. The test is organized in 125 countries.
- GRE – The Graduate Record Examination is another most popular study abroad exams among Indian students who desire to study in the US and Canada. It is a fairly standardized test that measures the mathematical, verbal and general analytical skills of the candidate after engineering. It is very much essential for getting admitted to any graduate courses, especially in Science and Engineering. The exam is conducted in over 700 test centers in about 160 countries.
- GMAT – GMAT has been recognized to be among high-profile MBA Abroad Entrance Exams to pave the pathway towards business colleges. 570-580 is the average GMAT score required. However, you need to score 700, at least, to get into top schools. Integrated reasoning and other sections have been included in judging the aspirants mental ability.
- SAT – The Scholastic Aptitude Test is also among Study Abroad Exams that is demanded by some universities in the United States. The exam is of 2 types. Reasoning test and subject test. The Reasoning test is used to check the general writing skills along with grammar. Subject test is conducted to check the knowledge of candidate in the chosen subject. The test is conducted six times each year internationally.
- LSAT– Law School Admission Test or LSAT is conducted for studying Law in any foreign university. The test consists of logical reasoning, analytical reasoning, and reading comprehension.
- MCAT– This is the entrance exam for studying medical in any foreign university including USA and Canada universities. The full name of this test is Medical College Admission Test. Test centers are located all over the world for easy access for the students to avail this test.
Once you pass the exam for the specific course you want to study, you need to apply for the scholarships if you need financial aid and get your wish of studying abroad fulfilled.